Saturday, February 11, 2006

Over the states and through the clouds...

To Great Grandmother's house we went. Ryan and I flew out to Portland, Oregon last Thursday to met Grandma Dierickx. We had a wonderful trip. Grandma D looked pretty good and was just thrilled to meet her first great grandson. Ryan was pretty excited about the whole trip as well. He just seemed to thrive off of every new interaction. We were able to hang out with Stephen and his girlfriend Kristi. Ryan seemed to like Kristi a lot. For those of you who don't know... Stephen is going to University of Portland and Kristi is starting out at a community college close to their apartment. They seem to enjoy their new home but were especially glad when the ski cleared up last Sunday. It had been raining for 41 days in a row!

Hightlights of our trip:

1.) Ryan's first plane trip! Waiting patiently in IAH.

2.) Ryan's very own seat on the airplane. We were very lucky and on the way up my mom and I had the bulkhead and there was a seat empty too. Ryan was able to seat and play. Of course of all the babies on the planye (there were 4 others) he was the only one that didn't sleep. 3.) One afternoon Stephen, Kristi, Ryan and I went to lunch at Red Robin (a hamburger joint). Ryan had a great time playing with the balloon. And playing with his uncle too. :)

4.) One afternoon we drove to my parents property in Garibaldi, Oregon. It was absolutely beautiful. They have worked so hard on it these last couple of years. They have had a rode built and planted lots of grass seeds. Here is a picture of Ryan and his "Nonna".
What is sad is I have had this written since Sunday but couldn't figure out how to turn the picture up above. Oh well. I am not messing with it anymore. I am sure yall have given up checking this blog since we never blog!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Ryan is getting so big! He is so handsome. It's good to "see" your family too in the pictures. I am so glad you had a fun trip! Thanks for trying to figure out how to blog, even if it doesn't work...I love checking it!