Well we are adjusting...slowly. We had a rough night last night. Ryan didn't want to sleep and Macey stomach was just in knots all night. We took her into the dr this morning because she was spitting up constantly. Totally freaks me out since Ryan had reflux so bad. I really don't want to go through that again. Hopefully her little body can work things out and get the hang of swallowing, sucking and all that. Basically the dr said to supplement with formula for a while to get her weight back up and keep her hydrated. She is starting to look a little jaundice (waiting on the final results of that test). The formula should give her more liquids and help her body ride itself of the jaundice. My plan was to breastfeed and I would love to. It has just been harder to do this time around for some reason. Macey just doesn't quite get it. Anyway--I am physically feel well. My body is on its way back to "mommy normal". I don't have any aches or pains to complain of. No motrin was need today.
Thanks for all your sweet comments. We will keep pics coming. Oh I also wanted to comment on how absolutely BIG Ryan appears. Every time I change his diaper or put his clothes on I feel like he is a GIANT! A little Macey dirty diaper is a lot nicer to change than a Ryan diaper. Yuck!
Updates soon!
2 comments:
Ok, I know I just commented on Macey's tummy, but I am praying that she doesn't have reflux like Ryan did and that her little tummy settles. I know how distressing it can be. And I'm also praying that she becomes a good little nurser. I've been up and down on that roller coaster too...hang in there and don't distress about supplementing...she'll be great. I love you and love seeing pictures of your precious family. And I want you to know that if you ever need anything, feel free to call. I've made the transition too and have experienced a lot of ups and downs and I'd be happy to listen. Oh, and I like the new blog look...and I liked looking at your church's website...it's incredible with some beautiful photography. They did a wonderful job.
The pics of Macey Grace are just precious.
I really enjoyed the pics of Big Brother Ryan and his new Lil Sis!
Post a Comment