Wednesday, August 02, 2006


We had an absolutely wonderful Birthday Weekend. Kim, Garrett and Avery drove down for the weekend. Avery and Ryan had a ball playing together. The party was a huge success. We had brisket, beans, potato salad and monkey cake. Ryan loves beef...it is hilarious to hear him say "roast beef". The kids loved swimming in my parents pool and the weather cooperated; those of us who didn't swim didn't roast to badly. My parent backyard looked beautiful!

Sorry it took so long to blog pictures. Ryan came down with a viral infection the day after his birthday. He woke up with a 103 fever and had it for about 4 days. The day his fever finally broke he came down with a nasty rash....Roseloa. The rash was actually the end of the infection and once he got it he felt 100% better. Of course the very next day he got his first cold. Now mommy and daddy are struggling to get over it! I told Ryan it wasn't a very good way to start off the next year of his life. We have been fortunate though because he really didn't get sick the first year of his life. Hopefully we will all be better soon!

Hope all is well with my friends!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Yea! I've been waiting to see birthday pictures! Happy Belated Birthday, Ryan! You're as cute as ever.

Les, did you make the cake? It is precious! What a great idea! I guess it goes along with the theme in his room.

I'm sorry that you all had nasty illnesses. The fun has just begun.

Love and miss you and thanks for sharing the pics!

Leslie said...

Ryans cake idea came from Martha Stewart. I didn't make it. I took the idea to Walmart's bakery and let them have at it. For $17 they came up with a good base but basically they gave up on it before they finished. My sister and her husband spent a couple hours securing the ears, redoing the nose and mouth and making the cute red hat. Val is a very talented cake decorated. Apparently Mark has some talent in that area too...must be all those gingerbread houses his family makes at Christmas. :)