Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Happy....birthday to you

Last night Ryan and I went to dinner with a couple of our neighbor friends. It was so fun to hang out with them. While we were there another little boy was having a birthday. The wait staff all sang him Happy Birthday. After that Ryan kept singing "Happy, Happy, Happy". It was so precious. I was so surprised he picked up on that word because he has never said it before. So after dinner we had our drive home. I love car rides with Ryan. I wish I had a recorder in the car because some of our best conversation take place in the car. Here is a glimpse into our ENTIRE ride home last night.

Ryan: "Happy..."
Mommy: "...birthday to you."
Ryan on cue: "Happy..."
Mommy: "...birthday to you."
Ryan on cue: "Happy..."
Mommy: "...birthday dear Ryan."
Ryan on cue: CLAP, CLAP, CLAP..."Happy..."
Mommy: "...birthday to you!"

It was so sweet. We call Aunt Valerie and left the whole thing on her voicemail. We sang a little for Grandma and PaPa. And we tried to sing for Meme too. The best of all is when we got home I got him to do it pretty well on video.

To top it all off, while singing Ryan his bedtime lullaby...Jesus Loves Me..Ryan kept cutting in with "Happy, Happy, Happy".

What a sweet, sweet memory I have to keep forever!

2 comments:

Allison said...

how adorable! i wish i had that on my answering machine!

you're right...what a sweet memory to cherish forever!

Hilary said...

That is precious...thanks for sharing. I love glimpses into your home. Happy happy happy. ; )